Sunday, December 11, 2005

it's beginning to look like christmas

we have our tree! our very first tree.
paul and i went to the tree farm, fully intending to pick up a pre-cut, no fuss tree... but once we saw the row of little trees standing in the lot, we couldn't help it. so we picked up a saw and cut our own! i romped around the entire field to look for "THE" tree, but ended up getting the first one we saw anyway.


paul and i always enjoy this time of the year. i'm busy buying/making/organizing presents for everyone, and paul is researching for the perfect egg nog recipe (we saw a good one on good eats).

two weeks until christmas!

3 comments:

Laura said...

I love your tree! So Christmasy. I, of course, opt for the artificial, tinsel-ladened, ornament-loaded option, myself, but the real tree has a certain Dickension charm :)

Only a week more and I'll be done with finals and able to *truly* throw myself into the Christmas spirit. I can't wait!

Oh, and nice to have you back in the land of the bloggers! I missed yer posts!

Sara said...

thank yer!
yes. a real tree. paul would have a heart attack if i brought home a fake tree.

glad to hear that you're almost done with the semester.
we'll chat soon!

Anonymous said...

Very cool looking tree Sara! Can't wait for the wedding!