Thursday, February 10, 2005

the soothing effects of chinese buffet...

the chinese buffet down on route 13 brings us endless joy. after a tough day, we drive down to king's buffet and stuff our tummies with bad chinese food and runny ice cream. it sounds disgusting, but we couldn't be happier. once in a while, they have mini yellow cake too. on those days, we know that we're going to feel extra special walking away.

i don't know if this is ithaca rubbing off on us or not, but small things like this are really starting to make us giddy.
the new walmart opening, the chinese buffet, the chili cook-off, the salvation army, and a good find at the dollar store...

i know... it's sad.
we need to get out of here.

3 comments:

Laura said...

Ithaca Chinese buffet! What good memories that brings back...

And about the simple things in life... I really think that's what life's all about. I mean, it has become a sort of cliche, but there is nothing that sustains me and makes me continually happier than things like a perfect cup of morning coffee, a happened-upon great tv show, the feel of a soft pillow after a hard day, the new & improved taste of a Hardees' hamburger (!) The big news things are nice too -- the trip to Paris, the new house -- they're things that are worth striving for, but it's the simplest things, the trips to the grocery store with the people you love, watching the nightly news with a cat curled on your lap, that can help you understand that despite everything nasty that assaults you every day the world is a fundamentally good place...that life is a beautiful thing...

betty said...

I haven't had chinese buffet in years, I don't think. Your post really made me think I need to rectify this.

Anyway, I think you should post more because every morning I click your bookmark with anticipation and nothing. I need to hear about what you're doing.

Sara said...

i'm sorry, muddysneakers! i have not been as diligent in posting as i should be, but let me say how much i enjoy opening up your page and seeing new posts so often.

but i did finally post. hopefully the laziness will wear off and i will start posting more frequently.